You can now port your number into Sideline. Below you will find some general information about the port-in process, and step by step instructions about how to port your number into Sideline.
General info before you get started
- You do not need to be a Sideline Pro/Remove Ads bundle user to port your number into Sideline
- There is no charge to port your number into Sideline
- If you have ported a number into Sideline already, you have to port that number out of Sideline before you can port another number in
- Only one port-in request can be active at any given time
- You can only port a U.S. number into Sideline
- Do NOT cancel your current service plan before your number has been successfully ported
- You must first receive a Sideline number before you can port a non-number in
- Check out our Guide to Porting your Number to see what information you'll need from your service provider to successfully port your number into Sideline.
The Port-In Process
1. From within the Sideline app, tap the "Sideline" icon in the top left hand corner of your inbox
2. Scroll down and tap on Number Porting
3. Enter the number you are trying to port, and tap Validate
4. You will receive a pop-up letting you know we sent a message to the number you are trying to port
5. Your number will be checked by Bandwidth to see if your number is available to port. There are three possible outcomes to this process:
- Your number can be ported
- Your number cannot be ported
- Your number can be ported, but you need to contact support first
Before we can fulfill the porting process, we need to verify you own the telephone number you’re trying to transfer. To do this we need some information about your account.
- Check out our Guide to Porting Your Number to see what information you're going to need from your carrier, and how to find it.
Once we are able to validate the number you are trying to port, please enter all necessary information
- NOTE: No pin is required for landline numbers
You’re all done for now! The process can take about 3-5 days to complete. We’ll let you know when the transfer is complete.
If your request was rejected by Bandwidth, you will see a message that says "Sorry, we can't transfer this number" or that it has been cancelled. Unfortunately, this means that there is no way we can port your number into Sideline.
4. Once you’ve successfully completed the number porting process, you can check the status of your number transfer in the settings page of your Sideline app.
If you have any questions about the porting process, or need help with something on Sideline, check out our Porting FAQs.
If we still haven't sufficiently answered your questions, please send us an email! We'd be more than happy to help you out.