As of October 11, 2017, you’ll need an active subscription to use Sideline. Your monthly or annual plan includes complete access to all of the following features and benefits. Read Subscription Terms below
- No Ads – Removing advertising from our app makes Sideline faster, more reliable, and improves the overall experience.
- No Number Expiration - We used to reclaim inactive number after 30 days. Not any more. As a subscriber, your number is all yours no matter how you choose to use it.
- VoIP Calling* – Toggle between Wi-Fi and mobile carrier networks to connect calls. This is handy if one signal is weaker or you don’t want to use your carrier minutes.*This feature is included in eligible subscriptions between 9/12-10/11.
- Voicemail-to-Text* – Get your voicemails transcribed and sent as a text message so you can conveniently read them on-the-go.*This feature is included in eligible subscriptions between 9/12-10/11.
- Auto-Reply – Send an automated text or picture messages anytime you miss a call so you can be responsive, even when you’re busy.
- Team Number – Add a single Sideline number to multiple devices so your team members can all call, text, and respond simultaneously.
- Premium Support – Our team is always here for you. If you need anything, one of our friendly support members will be happy to help.
- New Interface – As we transition to a paid service, we’ll be simplifying and improving our app design so it’s more intuitive and a little easier on the eyes.
- Web Messaging – Access your Sideline number online from your desktop to send texts from a bigger keyboard.
- Salesforce Integration* – Connect your Sideline number with Salesforce so you can access contacts and leads and log sales calls.*This feature is included in eligible subscriptions between 9/12-10/11.
- No Contracts. Cancel Anytime – You can easily manage or cancel your subscription whenever you want. Read the terms below or click here to learn how to cancel a subscription >
*to check your eligibility, reach out to our Support team to confirm.
Why did we change to a subscription-only app? (Links to FTP community post drafted in MKT-6804)