This article will be a quick how-to guide to get you started using Sideline!
Once you've created your account, you'll be sent to your Inbox view
Inbox: this is where you'll find your calls and messages
Calling: call a new number, or one that you have saved to your contacts
New Message: compose a new message
Otherwise, your inbox will include all current conversations along with any missed calls.
*Since your calls go through your service provider, you can find any voicemail from within your device's call log
1. Compose a new message from the New Message icon in the upper right corner
Make sure you've allowed Sideline access to your contacts in order to choose who you're sending a message to
2. From the new message page, begin typing the name of your contact in the search bar OR tap the "+" icon for full access to your contacts
3. After tapping on the name of your selected contact(s), you can begin typing your message in the text box. Tap the arrow button to send it along!
Bonus: If you'd like to send a photo or video along with your message, tap the paper clip sign to the left of the text box. Here, you can choose to take a photo, video, or choose from your camera roll
When you receive a new message, the unread message will be in bolded font in your inbox. Tap on the message in your inbox to enter the conversation!
1. If you're placing a call to a saved contact, just tap on the contact icon along the top toolbar to search your contact list
2. Either type the name of your contact in the search bar, or scroll until you find the contact from your list
Once you've chosen the contact, tap on their name to enter the conversation screen - to call, tap on the phone icon in the bottom right corner
3. If you're calling a number not in your contact list, type in the number, and tap on call! Easy as that :)
To keep your Sideline voicemail and native voicemails separate, you have two options:
FORWARD CALLS TO VOICEMAIL
1. In your Sideline Settings, enable the Forward Calls to Voicemail
Anytime you receive a call to your Sideline number, the caller will be sent straight to the Sideline voicemail greeting you've set.
MANAGING YOUR VOICEMAIL
1. You can now have multiple voicemails saved to your account. To do this, tap Manage Greetings
2. Tap Add a Custom Greeting and record your voicemail
3. A checkmark on the Manage Greetings page will show which Voicemail is enabled
LET THE CALL RING THROUGH - DON'T DECLINE OR MESSAGE REPLY
When you're receiving a call to your Sideline number, your phone will show "Sideline - 14085551234" OR "Sideline - Sally" for example. Instead of declining the call, let it ring all the way through to voicemail.
If you decline the call, it's possible your carrier will pick up the call, sending it to your native voicemail instead!
For other questions about using Sideline, send us a message, or submit a request from the help site!